We are looking for a Design Engineer for an expanding team.
The Technical Design Engineer will operate in the Technical Team, within the Bids and Technical Department, and will report to the Technical Manager. The principal responsibility of the Design Team is to ensure the quality of technical and costing input during the bidding of a sales opportunity and the smooth transition from Prospect into Operational Delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide an initial assessment of the technical content and feasibility of prospects to assist the Technical Design Lead/Technical Manager and others in the Bid/No Bid process.
- Undertake site surveys, in association with sub-contractors (if necessary); to this end it is essential that you have a good knowledge of a wide range of security system solutions and an understanding of associated disciplines including general electrical installation and civil works.
- Prepare supporting information including but not limited to schematic drawings, architectural drawings, gantt charts, risk registers as are required.
- Prepare, in accordance with the tender documentation and the proposed design, any necessary specifications and drawings for subcontractors and equipment suppliers to bid against.
- Liaise closely with the Procurement Department to enable costings to be sought from suppliers and sub-contractors for the equipment and services required.
- Assess the costs, quotations, and responses returned by the Procurement Department ensuring a complete understanding of the equipment proposed, the scope and terms and conditions of supply.
- Candidates will likely to be Systems Design Engineers with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Security Industry. They will have a high-level of competence in the design of Electronic Security Systems.
- Have a good understanding of the UK security industry e.g. products, market dynamics and competition and also of IP based networks and particularly how they are deployed in security solutions.
- A detailed understanding of the following:
- CCTV (Analogue & IP)
- Access Control
- Intruder Detection
- Integrated Security Management Systems (including PSIM).
- A general understanding of the following:
- Electrical Installations
- Civil works to support Security Infrastructure
The successful candidate must have solid written and verbal communication to accompany the technical skills required.
We look forward to receiving your updated CV for review, we will call the successful candidates via phone to discuss in detail.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.