We are looking for a Product owner for a Fintech start-up in London.
The Product Owner is responsible for maximising the value of the products and the work of the engineering teams. They are accountable for answering the questions: 1) What products and features should we build and why 2) How do we deliver these products and features to market?
Product development & delivery:
- Responsible for ideation, planning & execution
- Collaborate with customers & colleagues to develop new ideas for features & products
- Prioritise features & products based on customer, commercial & strategic value
- Communicate product performance to stakeholders
Product Strategy & Roadmap:
- Deep research of user needs, the market & technology
- Model the value of product improvements to the customer
- Develop and get buy-in for the product strategy
- Sequence new features & product improvements in a roadmap
Generate, maintain & prioritise the Product Backlog:
- Identify real customer problems to be solved through ideation with customers & colleagues
- Turn customer problems into a Product Backlog
- Gather detailed requirements relating to new features & products
- Turn requirements into the artefacts developers need to get new features & products to market: e.g. user stories, process maps and detailed workflows
- Refine the Product Backlog by ensuring each user story has acceptance criteria
- Prioritise & maintain the Product Backlog
Drive the delivery of the Product Strategy & Product Backlog:
- Deliver the specification of projects needed to ship new features & products
- Participate in all agile ceremonies: standups, planning, reviews & retrospectives
- Facilitate discussions across the agile delivery team to ensure problems are solved and blockers unblocked
- Communicate performance
- Project management
What skills & experience do I need?
- Proven experience in a Product Owner/Product Manager role – preferably in Fintech, Payments or FX
- Experience using Agile frameworks like Scrum or Kanban
- Ability to define a product backlog using standard categories like epics & user stories
- Very strong project delivery skills: always shipping new features & products
- Analytical and commercially sharp
- Top notch stakeholder management skills, including the ability to influence colleagues in small, cross-functional scrum teams
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent team working skills, ability to manage own workload and tenacious attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment
- Have an interest in the payments, financial services, technology or FX industry
What to do next…
Drop us you CV for review, and we will be in touch with suitable candidates to discuss further.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.